Oral B 7000 vs 8000 Comparison Review
There was once a time when we thought simply brushing our teeth with any old toothbrush would do the trick and help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Today, we know better, and we know that not just any old toothbrush is going to be the best at preventing these health issues. The best thing to use is an electric toothbrush that has different heads for different types of oral cleaning. One name that stands out over all of the rest is Oral-B, and there are several different types of electric toothbrushes from Oral-B to choose from.
Today we are going to talk about two popular models from Oral-B: The Oral B 7000 and the Oral B 8000. Whether you have sensitive teeth or gum issues, either of these toothbrushes is going to be better than a regular toothbrush. But, which one is going to suit your needs the best? Let’s take a look at both of these electric toothbrushes from Oral-B so you can decide for yourself which toothbrush to invest your money in.
The Oral-B 7000 has six brushing modes, as well as 2 minute pro times, 40,000 pulses per minute, a visible pressure sensor, a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, an Oral-B SmartGuide, and a travel case. It also comes in 2 colors, white and silver/black, and the battery can last up to 10 days before you need to recharge it. This toothbrush will help to whiten surface stains by removing them, without being too tough on your gums.
The Oral-B 8000 also has 6 brushing modes and 40,000 pulses per minute. It has the 2 minute pro times and a visible pressure sensor. One thing it has that the 7000 doesn’t have is a 360 degree LED smart ring, but it does have the Oral-B SmartGuide. It is only available in black, and it has the same rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery as the 7000. The battery will last a couple of days longer than it will with the 7000, and in addition to a travel case, this model comes with a USB charger.
In terms of price, there is little difference between these two electric toothbrushes. They are among the top electric toothbrushes available on the market today, and some of the best that Oral-B has to offer. They are very similar in appearance, although there are a few subtle differences, with the 8000 having a straighter handle and the 7000 having a handle with some curves, making it a bit easier to hold onto.
Appearance and Design
When it comes to appearance and design, there are actually very few differences between the Oral-B 7000 and the Oral-B 8000. Both have many of the same design features, such as the brush head, which is identical for both brushes. The handles are somewhat different though, with the 7000 being a bit curvier. We actually find this easier to hang onto while brushing. The manufacturing is pretty similar, with the same materials being used for both brushes.
We do prefer the rubber grip on the 8000 because it makes the toothbrush easier to hang onto when it is wet. It also has a more natural feel, making it easier to use. If the design is among your most wanted features, both of these toothbrushes will suit nicely.
Oral B 5000 or Oral B 7000 ?
Now it is time to take a look at our favorite features of both electric toothbrushes, along with the things we don’t like about each model. For the most part, we are pretty happy with the performance both offer, but there are some differences we like and dislike. First we will talk about the Oral-B 7000, and then we’ll go on to the pros and cons of the Oral-B 8000.
Oral B 7000 Pros
Oral B 7000 Cons
Oral B 7000 & 8000 Comparison
There are many similarities between these two electric toothbrushes, but there are also a few differences you should know about before making your final decision. After all, if you are going to spend nearly $200 on a toothbrush, you want to know that you are getting exactly what you need and not wasting your money.
- Both the Oral-B 7000 and the 8000 have the same CrossAction brush head that has 16-degree angled bristles, ensuring that all areas of your teeth are cleaned. These brushes can get into areas of your mouth, between the teeth, that just isn’t possible for other toothbrushes to be able to do. Both of these toothbrushes has 3D action technology, which allows them to pulse, rotate, and oscillate.
- Both models have the same brushing modes, which includes gum care, a mode for sensitive teeth, whitening, tongue cleaning, daily clean, and Pro-Clean. If this is the most important feature for your needs, you can’t go wrong with either model.
- Both of these products are Bluetooth compatible, and there is absolutely no difference between their range or how well they perform. Both also offer real-time feedback, which is basically a brushing coach right at your fingertips. When used with the smart timer and pressure sensor, you are going to get the best cleaning possible.
- Another similarity between these two toothbrushes is that they both have a pressure sensor. This is great if you have sensitive gums or teeth, and it can help to improve your overall oral health. This feature will let you know when you are brushing too hard so you won’t cause any damage to your teeth and gums.
- Both toothbrushes also have a Smart Timer, which times your 2 minutes so you are sure to brush for the proper, dentist recommended amount of time. It also gives you 30 second increments, so you know when to switch to another part of your mouth.
- One thing that the Oral-B 8000 has that the 7000 doesn’t is the 360-degree Smart Ring. This is an LED light that can be used with 12 different colors, and it gives you feedback about how much pressure you are using and the brushing speed.
- Facial recognition is something else only found with the Oral-B 8000. Your toothbrush will actually recognize your face, and you will be able to make teeth brushing a much more personalized event. Obviously this isn’t a feature that you absolutely must have, but it can come in pretty handy for those who aren’t used to using an electric toothbrush.
- Position detection is another difference between these two electric toothbrushes. In addition to the real-time feedback you get from both brushes, the 8000 lets you know if there is any part of your mouth you have not cleaned well enough, and it will remind you to go back over these areas. Again, this isn’t something you must have, but it is a nice feature and it doesn’t add to the cost of this toothbrush.
- Both of these toothbrushes come with a travel case, but the Oral-B 800 comes with a Smart Case that allows you to charge your phone at the same time as you are brushing your teeth. This can come in pretty handy if you are traveling, or even if you have forgotten to charge your phone overnight. There is even a mirror suction holder that we really like, and wish other models had.
- The Oral-B 7000 has a Smart Wireless Guide that connects to the toothbrush to give you feedback. This is not a feature you will find on the 8000. But, it isn’t something that is overly necessary. After all, if you already know how to brush your teeth, then you don’t really need feedback about it.
All in all, if you are looking for a good quality electric toothbrush, either the Oral-B 7000 or the 8000 would be excellent options. But, if you want our advice, we prefer the 8000, just because it has more features that will help to ensure optimal dental health. It also has a travel case with a USB port, which we really love because we can charge our phones while brushing our teeth.