Oral B 5000 vs 7000 Comparison Review
How often do you think about the type of toothbrush you are using? Most of us normally don’t give it a second thought. We just go out and buy any old toothbrush and do what we’ve been doing since we were children. But, dentists today recommend a lot more than this.
In fact, rather than just getting a regular manual toothbrush, most dentists will recommend that you use an electric toothbrush. But, with so many on the market, which one is going to be the best for you?
The first thing to consider is the manufacturer. When it comes to any aspect of your health, you want the best. When it comes to dental health, one name that is widely recognized as being among the best is Oral-B. Today we are going to talk about two of the more popular Oral-B toothbrushes: the Oral-B 5000 and the Oral-B 7000.
We will tell you the best features of each model, as well as the pros and cons. Remember, electric toothbrushes are rather expensive, so if you are going to spend this much money, you want to make sure that you get exactly what you need: a toothbrush that will ensure the best dental health possible. Let’s get started.
When you open the package for the 5000, you will find the Oral-B Smart Series Handle, a floss action head, a cross action head, a charging stand and premium charger with storage for extra heads, and a travel case.
You will receive some of the same items with the 7000, but the brush heads are cross action, pro white, and sensitive clean. It also comes with a premium charger, as well as a premium travel case and a Smart Guide.
Both of these toothbrushes have built-in pacers and timers that last for about two minutes in the various modes, and each mode will stay working for different periods of time.
Generally, after 30 seconds of brushing, there will be a bit of a pause, and this lets you know that it is time to move to another area of your mouth.
Both brushes have pressure sensors so you don’t push too hard on your gums and teeth, and the 7000 has Bluetooth connectivity. This allows your toothbrush to be connected to your smartphone so you can use the Oral-B app. Unfortunately, this is a feature that the 5000 doesn’t have.
Appearance and Design
The Oral-B 5000 is available in white, so no matter what your bathroom décor looks like, your toothbrush isn’t going to stand out like a sore thumb. On the other hand, there are three color choices for the Oral-B 7000: white, black, or black with silver.
With the black and silver option, the black can be found on the front and back sides where the grips are located, and the right and left sides are silver. Both have a curved shape, but the 7000 has more of a curve, and we find it easier to hang onto while using it.
Oral B 5000 or Oral B 7000
Now we need to take a look at not just the things we like about both of these electric toothbrushes, but also the things we don’t care as much for.
Obviously, every product on the market today is going to have good and bad features. Not everyone likes everything. But, if you go through the pros and cons of both, as we are going to do here, you will have a better idea of which toothbrush is going to be better suited to your own personal needs.
Oral B 5000 Pros
Oral B 5000 Cons
There are some similarities between these two electric toothbrushes, and there are also a lot of differences. This doesn’t mean that either one is better than the other, but some people do prefer certain features, and they are going to choose the toothbrush that has the most features that they are looking for. Let’s take a look at the similarities and differences between these two toothbrushes.
- The Oral-B 7000 has six brushing modes, but the 5000 only has five modes. Both have rechargeable modes, but the 5000 doesn’t have the tongue cleaning mode.
- The Oral-B 5000 has a feature that the 7000 doesn’t have, which is Superior 3D cleaning action. The brush will automatically rotate, oscillate, and pulsate so you are able to really dig in deep and get rid of plaque buildup, as well as gum line plaque.
- The 7000 has better pressure sensor technology, and the 5000 does not have this type of upgrade.
- The 7000 comes with Smart Guide, a wireless guide that gives you feedback on the brush modes and more. This is a feature not found on the 5000. The Smart Wireless Guide gives you the best cleaning results, so you won’t miss the timer. This is something that is required for the 7000, but not needed for the 5000.
- The Oral-B 5000 comes with a travel case that is very basic. The 7000 has a much more sophisticated, premium travel case.
- Both of these electric toothbrushes have rechargeable NIMH batteries which don’t need to be replaced very often. They don’t run out of power all of a sudden (while you’re halfway through brushing your teeth), and you can see the power levels on the Oral-B app.
- Both have similar cleaning performance, but the 7000 has a tongue cleaner, something that doesn’t come with the 5000. It also has a tongue cleaning mode which the 5000 doesn’t have. But, you can use the other modes on the 5000 for cleaning your tongue, so if cost is important to you, the 5000 would be better because it is less expensive.
- It is faster to charge the battery for the 5000 than it is for the 7000. It takes roughly 5 to 6 hours to charge the 5000, but you have to wait about 8 to 10 hours for the 7000 to fully charge. The battery for the 5000 is 220-240 volts, and the 7000 is 110.
There you have it. All the information you need to choose between the Oral-B 5000 and the Oral-B 7000. Both of these toothbrushes have some pretty awesome qualities, and they are both going to get your teeth and gums a lot cleaner than a manual toothbrush can.
If you are looking for the best price for an electric toothbrush, we suggest the 5000. But, if you want additional features, the 7000 has a bit more bang for the buck. Either way, when you are using an Oral-B product, you really can’t go wrong. The more you do to take care of your teeth now, the better off you are going to be in the long run.